POOL RULES AND REGULATIONS April 2017
The following rules are for the protection and benefit of all personnel, sponsors, guest and staff using the pool. Sponsors are responsible for instructing their children and guests to observe all rules and regulations and obey all instructions of the pool manager and lifeguards.
The management has the right to deny access or to request that a sponsor or guest leave the facility if, in the opinion of the manager on duty, the person represents a safety or security threat to himself/herself, other sponsors, guests, staff or the facility. Denial of access or use will be documented and reported to the Board of Directors immediately.
Before school has ended the pool will open from 4:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. Monday thru Friday and Saturday 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM and Sunday 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
After school has ended the pool will open weekday 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM, Saturday 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM and Sunday 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM to all sponsors and guests. Late openings due to a swim meet will be posted at least one week before the event.
- Admission to the pool area will be granted upon proof of sponsorship to pool staff.
- A sponsor of the club (16 or older) must accompany all children under 11 years of age.
- Sponsors children between the ages of 12 and 15 may enter the pool alone and they may use the diving board and/or the deep end of the pool, PROVIDED they have passed the basic swimming test. Otherwise, an adult sponsor of the club must accompany them.
The Basic Swim Test shall consist of:
(a) Swim 25 meters freestyle (one length of the pool) and,
(b) Float or tread water for one minute.
Arrangements for the test shall be made with the pool manager.
- Only sponsors 12 and older are allowed to register guests. All guests must complete the sign-in process at the pool entrance. Sponsors and guests must be at least 12 in order to be at the pool without someone 16 or older.
- A specific guest is allowed only four passes per month, unless authorized by the Pool Board.
- A sponsor must accompany all guests. When the sponsor leaves the pool area the guest must also leave.
- Guest senior citizens (55 and over) are free with an accompanied sponsor.
- Sponsors violating or misusing the guest privileges may be subject to loss of all guest privileges.
- Guests are to abide by the pool rules, or will be asked to leave without a refund.
- Guest fees: $8.00 per person per day. Sponsors can purchase a “Guest Package” of 10 passes for $50.00.
- Sponsorship Packages: Family of 4 – $300.00, Individual $150.00, Senior is 10% off Individual Rate
- Hair that exceeds shoulder length shall be contained by means of ponytails, bathing caps etc.
- NO cut-offs, shorts, or suits that resemble these will be permitted in the pool.
- T-Shirts will be permitted in the pool with special permission of management.
- T-Shirts with inappropriate terms, pictures will not be permitted on pool premises.
Health & Safety:
(a) Any bather with infectious diseases or skin eruption will not be permitted in the pool area. Clearance from a physician must be given before entry is permitted.
(b) Any bather with exposed, unhealed abrasions will not be allowed in the pool area.
(c) No bandages or band-aids are permitted in the pool area.
(d) Diapers are not allowed in either pool. “Swimmies” must be used by all children not completely toilet trained. “Swimmies” are available at the snack shack for $1.00.
(a) All sponsors and guests in the pool area MUST obey the direction of the pool staff.
(b) Pool Behavior:
NO excessive dunking or splashing
NO chewing gum
NO floats or hard balls allowed in the water
NO running or bouncing on the diving board
ONLY ONE PERSON at a time on the diving board
NO swimming in the diving area when diving is allowed
(c) Pool Area:
NO smoking within the pool area
NO food on the pool deck
NO glass containers on the pool premises
NO running on the pool deck
NO pushing into the pool
NO ONE under 16 years of age is allowed in the pool during REST PERIOD and/or NO children capable of standing alone in the shallow end of the pool are allowed in the pool during REST PERIOD
Children “NOT” capable of standing alone in the shallow end of the pool may be brought into the pool, by an ADULT, during REST PERIOD, PROVIDED they are (must be) held by an adult at all times.
(d) Wading Pool Area:
Children using the main pool may not use the baby pool.
Responsible ADULT supervision for each child using the baby pool is mandatory.
(e) Pool Property:
NO skateboards or roller skates are allowed
Drivers will exercise extreme caution
NO ball or Frisbee playing in the parking lot
People should not leave their belongings on the picnic tables in the pavilion area. These tables should be available for use when consuming snacks/lunch/dinner.
Emergency Closing of the Pool:
- Approaching storms
- Pool equipment failures
- Serious sponsor or guest illness or accident
The Pool Management and Club Directors will administer suspension of Pool Privileges for:
- Continuous violation of pool rules
- Sponsors allowing use of pool membership by another person
- Destroying pool property
- Continual use of profane language
- Disobeying pool staff orders
- Possession or use of alcohol by minors
- Possession or use of illicit substances
- Unsafe driving on pool property